Monday, September 22, 2014

This last week in class we continued to work on our college essays and read our memoirs. I've gotten pretty far in my memoir and have been amazed with my Reymundo's story. The young and childhood days for Reymundo were torture and it seemed the only way out for him was to join a gang and gain a sense of family and protection the his abusing parents. The story is fascinating and every time i sit down to read it i enjoy it which usually doesn't happen for me very often with most things i read. In addition to reading my memoir i aslo got to meet with Ms. Menough and go over my college essay. I have some really good content but need to make it longer and go more in depth in some parts of my essay. All together last week was a pretty successful week and i got a lot accomplished. I've been revising my college essay on a separate doc and im really happy with how its turning out. I took Ms. Menough's advice and went more in detail and the more important aspects of my paper. With my critiquing and Ms. Menough's my essay is going to be the quality i want it to be at when im done with it. I know the schools im applying to will find my essay very intriguing and interesting because of my love for the game of hockey and the ice rink. I have so much experience and so many stories with the game that i believe ill be able to blow away my readers with an in depth look at how somebody can love something so much. I'm glad i got the chance to review my essay with Ms. Menough and get other peoples advice on my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment