Sunday, September 14, 2014

This week in class we started writing our college essays and continued reading our memoir books. I chose the picture of CU Boulder because its the school i would like to go to if hockey doesn't work out for me. Both my parents went to CU and i've been raised to be a buff. My parents took me to my first CU football game months after i was born. I love the campus and culture and im still deciding what i want to study but as of right now im pretty sure on CU. My love for CU goes farther then my family and my familiarity with the university. The location and the people in the community are my kind of people. I love the laid back approach but when it comes to academics the students know when things are important but still know how to have fun and i respect that. I want to enter the business school and i know the business school is highly respected and if i can get into that i will have a bright future when im out of school. Knowing im close to home is also important to me because i'm not one of those kids who wants to get away. I want to experience the college life and become more independent but i like the idea of having my family close by. When looking at CU i see that its the perfect place for me which is why im so eager to get the opportunity to go there.

This week we also continued to read our memoir books and mine only got more intense. On the second page of my memoir i've already found out that my main character was raped by his brother at a young age and his brother threatened his life if he told anyone about it. This is just in the first couple pages of my memoir i cant imagine what im going to find out in the whole book. I've read about three chapters and have enjoyed my memoir so far so im happy i made a good decision in choosing my memoir. As i read deeper i learned more about my main character Reymundo. He lived a miserable life and did the horrible things he did in order to survive and fit in. The struggle to be accepted is so great that Reymundo begins experimenting with drugs and alcohol as well as sex at a very young age. Being new to America Reymundo believes in order to fit in he must do these things and this is when his starts turning for the worst. Reymundo's life at home only makes things worse. At home he's beaten and abused both mentally and physically. He quickly learns that he'd rather be away from home and stay away from his abusive parents. Leaving the house and entering the streets isn't a good idea either but Reymundo learns that the hard way. Reymundo's journey is truly remarkable and i've enjoyed every part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment